Minutes of February 25, 2019 meeting
- Meeting called to order by Mayor Bates at 7:00 pm.
- Roll call by clerk Connie Duke. All Council members present.
- Mayor asked for public comments. There were none.
- Approved minutes of January 28, 2019 meeting. Motion by Donald Gunter, 2nd by Bud Reed. Passed 6-0.
- Mayor presented annexation request from Stanley & Debra Pendergrass on Co Rd 1605.
- Mayor asked for motion to suspend rule to allow voting on Pendergrass annexation in same meeting. Motion to suspend made by Jimbo Quick, 2nd by Matthew Blair.
- Mayor asked for roll call vote. Mayor Bates – abstain, Donald Gunter – yes, Jimbo Quick – yes, Matthew Blair – yes, Don Bates – abstain, Bud Reed – yes. Passed 4-0.
- Mayor called for motion to approve annexation. Motion by Jimbo Quick, 2nd by Matthew Blair.
- Mayor called for roll call vote.
Mayor Bates – abstain, Donald Gunter – yes, Jimbo Quick – yes, Matthew Blair – yes, Don Bates – abstain, Bud Reed – yes. Passed 4-0.
- Mayor reported no response from Attorney General on taking over roads if annexations take place prior to May 1, 2020.
- Discussed what would happen if we had to take over a road in an annexation now, i.e. specification etc.
- Discussed necessity of getting annexations done in calendar year 2019 due to census.
- Discussed Town Hall options with regards to property for sale. Smith property not for sale.
- Jimbo Quick opened discussion about vacate request of Mr. Cordar. Cullman County Commission will have it on the agenda for March 26th, 2019 at 10:00 am.
- Discussion of representation from the Town at the meeting. Mayor stated due to conflict of interest he would not be able to speak on behalf of the Town. The council was then asked if anyone wished to voice any objection to the vacate request. No objections were offered.
- Mayor opened discussion on 2020 Municipal election. Election would be on a Tuesday in August and new council would be seated in November 2020.
- Town will need to get ordinances in place 6 months in advance.
- Mayor discussed looking into training opportunities for clerk for elections.
- Approved invoices and payroll, with ratification of paying quarterly taxes. Previous approval was not to exceed $400.00. Actual amount was $405.58. Motion by Donald Gunter, 2nd by Bud Reed. Passed 6-0.
- Mayor reminded Council of ethics filing due.
- Mayor asked for any other business. There was none.
- Motion to adjourn by Bud Reed, 2nd by Donald Gunter. Passed 6-0.
- Adjourned at 8:02pm.
- Next meeting will be March 18, 2019.