September 16, 2019
- Meeting called to order by Mayor Bates at 7:00 pm.
- Roll call by Clerk Connie Duke. All council members present.
- No public comments.
- Approved the minutes of Aug. 19, 2019 meeting.
- Review of site plan and design layout presented by St. John and Associates. Suggested changing from 40’ to 60’ of new roadway, improvement of Co. Rd. 1615 and Co Rd. 1614, Farmers Market S. of Co Rd 1615. Placement of recreation in 1 area, playground, disc golf, bathhouse, athletic court and municipal in 1 area. Senior center for 200 individuals, Town Hall and Storm shelter for approximately 100 people and 184 parking spaces. Low laying area will have walking trail around it.
- Storm shelter grants not easily available in next 12 months.
- Mayor presented 2020 budget. Motion to accept 2020 budget made by Don Bates, 2nd by Burl Reed. Passed 6-0.
- Discussion on Farmers Market tabled to get information on being State certified market, Senior Coupons and get local farmers input. Will invite local farmers to be at next meeting.
- Mayor presented letter from Cullman Co EMA request for funding of $274.30. Motion to approve payment by Jimbo Quick, 2nd by Donald Gunter. Passed 6-0.
- Motion to pay all other invoice, payroll and bond payment by Don Bates, 2nd by Jimbo Quick. Passed 6-0.
- In other business discussed projected date for portable Town Hall to be set up before April 1, 2020.
- Have clerk available 2 weeks prior to Census deadline to help people fill out paperwork.
- Motion to order perk test for temporary Town Hall not to exceed $1000.00 by Bud Reed, 2nd by Donald Gunter. Passed 6-0.
- Motion to adjourn by Bud Reed, 2nd by Jimbo Quick. Passed 6-0.
- Adjourned at 7:30 pm.
- Next meeting will be October 21, 2019.