November 16, 2020
- Meeting called to order by Mayor Patrick Bates on Monday, November 16, 2020 at 7:10 P.M.
- Roll call by Clerk Keirstyn Montgomery. Jimbo Quick-not present, Eudon Bates-not present.
- Mayor Patrick Bates asked for any public comments, there were none.
- Council discussed ideas for remaining CARES ACT funds. Council approved approximately $4,800 for public Wi-Fi through Sprout Fiber in the subdivisions of County Roads 1612, 1619, and 1620, $1,200 for additional COVID-19 supplies for the Berlin Town Hall & Berlin Community Center, and the remaining CARES ACT funds for community COVID-19 supply boxes and sanitizing wipes for Welti, Fairview, & Holly Pond Elementary Schools. Motion to approve by Keith Hardman, second by Donald Gunter. Approved 4-0.
- Council discussed plans to build steps and handicapped parking spaces for the Town Hall. Tabled until next meeting.
- Mayor Patrick Bates informed Council that the frame for the Farmers Market sign has been put in place at the Farmers Market location.
- Council discussed options for Farmers Market building. Tabled until next meeting.
- Council approved the increased expense of QuickBooks for the Town Hall in the amount of $70/month. Motion to approve by Keith Hardman, second by Donald Gunter. Approved 4-0
- Council approved the purchase of a Fujitsu Scan Snap in the amount not to exceed $500.00 for the Town Hall. Motion to approve by Bruce Bentley, second by Donald Gunter. Approved 4-0.
- Approval of minutes from November 2, 2020 Special Meeting (Organization Meeting). Motion to approve by Donald Gunter, second by Jimbo Quick. Approved 4-0.
- Approval of November invoices. Motion to approve by Donald Gunter, second by Bruce Bentley. Approved 4-0.
- Motion to adjourn by Donald Gunter, second by Keith Hardman. Approved 4-0.
- Adjourned at 7:35 PM.
- The next meeting of the Berlin Town Council will be December 21, 2020 at the Berlin Community Center.